PDA

View Full Version : Can I change the family "category"

gipper53
2008-12-22, 05:05 PM
Hi All,

A new member here so I apologize up front if this has been posted but a search turned up nothing for me. I'm a fairly new Revit user and learning from the many mistakes I've made. I was wondering if Revit will allow you to change what category a family is listed under in the program (plumbing fixture, window, specialty equpment, etc.)? I created a library of 2D plumbing fixtures but Revit is seeing them as specialty equipment families (my own stupidity when creating them). Is there any way to make Revit see these as plumbing fixtures without remaking the families from scratch? Thanks,

ws
2008-12-22, 05:20 PM
I'm a novice at this sort of thing myself, however I think if while in the Family Editor you go to Settings->Family Category and Parameters, you can change the category there.

gipper53
2008-12-22, 05:37 PM
I'm a novice at this sort of thing myself, however I think if while in the Family Editor you go to Settings->Family Category and Parameters, you can change the category there.

That worked! Thanks a million, I was sweating the though or remaking them again. I have a lot to learn yet!

Mike Sealander
2008-12-22, 06:45 PM
In fact, a lot of times it's beneficial to make a family as a generic family, for instance, and then change it to some other family type. Also, note the ability to have a family be Cuttable and Shared.