PDA

View Full Version : Plot order

tim.101799
2008-12-23, 01:01 PM
We are having a problem in our office with the order in which Revit plots drawing sheets. We have the project browser set up in the template file so that sheets are ordered by a filter so that our General Information series of drawings (prefix of G) is at the beginning of the list, then the Civil drawings (prefix of C) and then the Architectural drawings (prefix of A). But when we plot, the drawings come out in alphabetical order (A, C & G). On smaller projects this is not that much of an issue. But on larger projects with lots of drawings sheets this is a real pain in the butt to have to re-arrange the drawings. It kind of negates the fact that we have a plotter than can plot and collates multiple sets. especially when you plot multiple sets. Is there anyway to tell Revit what order to plot the sheets in?

What I have been doing to get around this is to print my drawings to PDF, and then in an application for out Oce plotter arrange the PDF’s in the correct order for plotting. Its not the worst thing in the world, but it does take extra time.

greg.mcdowell
2008-12-23, 03:43 PM
Try the Batch Utility from the Subscription Center. I think this allows you to define the order when printing.

William Troeak
2008-12-23, 04:34 PM
Is there any way to get the batch utility if you are not on subscription?

Scott Womack
2008-12-23, 05:44 PM
Is there any way to get the batch utility if you are not on subscription? Technically, no. Maybe someone you know will "pass it on".

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-23, 06:40 PM
We get around this by having two different sort parameters. "Sort Catagory Name" and "Sort Catagory Order"

SCO: 01 SCN: General Information
SCO: 02 SCN: Civil
SCO: 03 SCN: Structural
SCO: 04 SCN: Architectural

And so on. The schedule sorts by SCO, then by SCN, then by Sheet Number... But the SCO field is hidden. So we include a header for the SCN, and everything looks normal on the drawing list.

We plot and PDF full sets all day long, and they collate fine... Its two parameters per sheet to fill in, instead of one. But once youre in the habit, its mindless... Especially considering the parameters are right next to each other.

I guess if you didnt care, you could use one field and call it "01 general information"... but some people didnt like that...

William Troeak
2008-12-23, 11:09 PM
Sounds good I will give that a try!

Scott Womack
2008-12-24, 11:01 AM
I don't believe the parameters on the sheets affect the plot selection box, which is what the OP was refering to.

tim.101799
2008-12-24, 03:13 PM
I don't believe the parameters on the sheets affect the plot selection box, which is what the OP was refering to.

No they don't. I also have similar paramters in my templete to order sheets correctly in the browsers and in the drawing list schedule. But for plotting the sheets are still ordered alphabetically.