PDA

View Full Version : i have reviewed other posts concerning "room tags"

ntnik
2008-12-23, 04:57 PM
issues there seemed more complex than mine....i have added a few rooms and when i numbered one of the new ones i got the "duplicate" room name number.... carefully scanned the plans (room names, numbers only added in "new" phases)..... haven't found it yet....its a very simple job, i could wait till i'm done then isolate and delete all rooms and start from scratch (that will be pretty quick work)....my concern is on a bigger project, that (deleting all and starting over) will not be cool.........suggestions on how to find my room (its on my room schedule and was named at one time, but the plan label seems to be gone.

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-23, 05:04 PM
Rooms can be deleted from the model alltogether, but still may show up in schedules. If the file is in Revit 2009, look in the Option bar, for the drop down that says: "Not placed / Not enclosed". if you put this on isolate, it will show you all the rooms that are no longer in the project itself, but that are still sitting in the schedule. (A word of warning, it will also show rooms that arent enclosed, so make sure all the rooms you want are properly bound...).

You can isolate the not placed rooms, and then remove them from the schedule...

mitch.cornelius
2008-12-23, 05:26 PM
The "duplicate" is saying that two rooms are occupying the same physical space. The rooms automatically find their boundaries with walls and room separation lines; if two rooms are in the same space, you will get the "duplicate" error.

ntnik
2008-12-23, 05:35 PM
thanks for reply.....having trouble finding "Not placed / Not enclosed".....all toolbars are up...and i dug through scroll downs......and yes, 2009

Scott Womack
2008-12-23, 05:39 PM
thanks for reply.....having trouble finding "Not placed / Not enclosed".....all toolbars are up...and i dug through scroll downs......and yes, 2009

Create a duplicate room schedule, that has the area added as a field. Once this field is added you'll see not placed, or redundant appear in that column.

twiceroadsfool
2008-12-23, 06:01 PM
LOL, thats wild. I wonder whats causing that? If i make a new rom schedule without Area, the pulldown is still there... But it wasnt in a file i just opened. I ASSumed it had to do with upgrading from previous version....

ntnik
2008-12-23, 07:58 PM
thanks guys