PDA

View Full Version : Filter; section tags not being used

mmiles
2008-12-23, 05:29 PM
i would like to create a filter that turns off section tags which are not being used on sheets. mainly this is for visual purposes while working on a plan view - want to see some, but not all section tags. unfortunately, I haven't the much experience with using filters. so, can anyone tell me if this particular filter is possible, and then maybe offer a hint how to make it? thanks.

Scott Womack
2008-12-23, 05:40 PM
i would like to create a filter that turns off section tags which are not being used on sheets. mainly this is for visual purposes while working on a plan view - want to see some, but not all section tags. unfortunately, I haven't the much experience with using filters. so, can anyone tell me if this particular filter is possible,

It is NOT possible to filter for this item, to my knowledge. I'd love it if someone would prove me wrong.

eric.piotrowicz
2008-12-23, 10:48 PM
While I haven't got an elegant solution it does get you a clearer plan.
Go to desired plan and then do a "duplicate with detailing" and use the new plan to pick all the unused callouts then right click and hide elements. Of course then when you place one of the previously unreferenced sections you have to manually unhide it in the plan. The other option I've used is to recreate the cleaned up plan a certain stages of the project.
Like I said, Not elegant at all but it does clean up the plans.

hermeytheelf
2008-12-24, 09:35 PM
We use a different callout for 'working' sections. There is just an arrow but no bubble. One could pick the callout, 'Select all Instances' and use the 'Hide at scales coarser than' Instance Parameter to get them to not display on sheet views.
I assume that you know that the section callouts for views that are not placed on sheet will not print as a default print setting.