PDA

View Full Version : Did Keynote behavior change?

bbeck
2008-12-23, 11:34 PM
Was there recently a change to how Keynotes work in Revit with one of the recent Web Updates? I am almost positive that we used to be able to keynote filled regions and model/drafting lines as recently as 3 months ago. Maybe it's just me not thinking clearly so close to the holidays or maybe it's 4 projects heading for deadlines that now have missing keynote tags.

William Troeak
2008-12-24, 04:35 PM
I just gave it a spin using a version of Revit that does not have the updates installed and it seems that I can not apply keynotes to my filled regions or model lines.

I do not remember if I have ever been able to keynotes these in the past, but it would be helpful if we could.

Hopfully this makes it on the wish list.

nsinha73
2008-12-24, 04:42 PM
And I am positive we were never able to Keynote Lines and Regions!! :-D

BBeck, Our office is actually using Revit Keynoting, however we have simplified our side. We use to have lengthy keynotes and full descriptions, but now our Architects are forcing themselves to cover most of it in Project Manuals and Consultants.
Our keynotes a very simple and to the point. This was to avoid getting too descriptive.
For Lines and Regions, we use "USER" Keynotes.... I know, I know....
Lines are different because its not Specific. We use that same line in our details, Site plans etc. And that line is called 01 (thickness) Revit does not know what the heck it is for....So Revit cuts it short on her end and lets us use the User keynote.....

I rest my case :-D

d.stairmand
2008-12-27, 06:05 AM
Brain
You cannot Keynote a Line or Filled Region - You can "User" Keynote a nearby Object & then move the Symbol around.

There is a way to cheat this though!
Make a Line Based Detail Family that only has a Detail Line in it - then just Draw with it - It is then Recognized as a Component & is directly Tagged with keynotes & everything!

d.stairmand
2008-12-27, 06:06 AM
Brian
You cannot Keynote a Line or Filled Region - You can "User" Keynote a nearby Object & then move the Symbol around.

There is a way to cheat this though!
Make a Line Based Detail Family that only has a Detail Line in it - then just Draw with it - It is then Recognized as a Component & is directly Tagged with keynotes & everything!