PDA

View Full Version : how do you make wall baseboard not visable in plan view

ray salmon
2008-12-24, 06:34 PM
i tried using display setting but no change

r

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-12-24, 06:48 PM
Are you talking about a baseboard heater or a wall base?
If it's a heater you can turn off the display in plan view from within the family.
If it's a base created as a sweep you can turn that off with VG overrides in the view. Remember that wall sweeps are assigned to their own sub-category of walls.

ray salmon
2008-12-24, 08:21 PM
view properties
/visibilityGraphic overrides for floor plan
/visability
/walls
/wall sweeps is not checked

but still see them in the view.

yes 1x4 wall baseboard which is profile

r

Dimitri Harvalias
2008-12-24, 09:30 PM
Did you assign the base to the right sub-category? (type parameter I believe)

harkeychad
2009-01-28, 05:22 PM
I started out with a profile template and made my base board and tile separately and put that in the project. I made a wall with these profile sweeps and looks fine in elevation but still have no idea how I can turn them off in plan. I can not make a sub-category in the profile. I know you can make a sub in the project under walls, but that still does not do anything since I can not get the profile to go under that. This is driving me nuts.

patricks
2009-01-28, 06:46 PM
Did you create your sweeps as in-place families, or are they actual wall-hosted sweeps?

sfaust
2009-01-28, 06:52 PM
unfortunately if they are part of the wall definition you can't turn them off with subcategories since they don't go into the wall sweeps subcategory for some reason. If they are created seperately as wall hosted sweeps then you can use the subcategory.

That's why I don't use wall sweeps built into the wall for such purposes.

harkeychad
2009-01-28, 09:22 PM
Thanks, I will go with your way

roy.70844
2009-01-29, 10:43 AM
Try setting the view range so that the bottom offset and view depth are just above the baseboard.

This may have adverse effects on any 2d symbols placed at floor level you could change the offset of these to be above baseboard, but below cut plane.

Good luck.

Roy

Kenny Gee
2009-09-25, 04:21 AM
Are you talking about a baseboard heater or a wall base?
If it's a heater you can turn off the display in plan view from within the family.
If it's a base created as a sweep you can turn that off with VG overrides in the view. Remember that wall sweeps are assigned to their own sub-category of walls.

Ahhhhh, you learn something everyday.........Cheers

nancy.mcclure
2009-09-25, 10:26 PM
A benefit to applying things like tile wainscot/base as a wall hosted sweep is you don't have to create a new wall type, just apply it where it would be installed on the typ wall type. This makes firms happy as they don't have multiple wall types when it's just the surface treatment on one side that is unique.