PDA

View Full Version : what does room bounding with floors really mean

ray salmon
2008-12-26, 08:07 PM
not sure if I get the picture on this..

thot room bounding meant if you move walls the floor will re-adjust
this isn't happinging also, I had to go to all the doors and make them wider due to ADA specs but the floors also would not adjust
but other than that floors objects a nice..

r

luigi
2008-12-26, 08:52 PM
Sorry, I thought I understood your question with the subject, but with the rest of the post I am not sure.

If you have the "room bounding" set for your objects (whether by the link, or element) the room will look for the nearest floors, walls, ceilings/roofs. BUT, if your room/area settings are set to area only (not volume), then it will ignore the floors and ceilings/roofs...if you have the volume checked, then it will be bound by all (floor, walls, ceilings/roofs).

I have no idea what you meant with making the doors wider...

not sure if I get the picture on this..

thot room bounding meant if you move walls the floor will re-adjust
this isn't happinging also, I had to go to all the doors and make them wider due to ADA specs but the floors also would not adjust
but other than that floors objects a nice..

r

ray salmon
2008-12-26, 09:06 PM
ok set it to area and volumn that seemed to work.

by wider i meant wider doors all interior doors where changed to 36" wide to mtg ADA when ussually they are just 30"

however also, just using the floor objects just for floor type like carpet, wood and etc but it is still asking if i want the walls to move up to this height ... if it was plywood sheathing yes but floor materials no.

r