PDA

View Full Version : Curtain wall door

adverflex
2008-12-27, 11:45 PM
hello!

Does anybody know how to add a door into a curtain wall?

This is what I have found in revit Help F1

"Curtain wall doors and windows are curtain wall panel families you can create to add directly to curtain walls. When you create the families, you are creating panels that can schedule as doors and windows. The door or window will resize to the size of the curtain wall panel.

There are predefined curtain wall door and window families: Curtain Wall Sgl Glass.rfa, Curtain Wall Dbl Glass.rfa, Curtain Wall-Store Front-Dbl.rfa, Curtain Wall Awning.rfa.

The following procedure is a general procedure for creating a curtain wall door or family. Your steps may differ based on design intent.

1-Click File menuNewFamily.

2-In the Open dialog, choose Door - Curtain Wall.rft for a curtain wall door or Window - Curtain Wall.rft for a curtain wall window, and click Open.

3-Be sure to sketch lines to the 4 reference planes in the template: top, bottom, left, and right. Do not dimension to the overall width or height of the door or window.

4-Save the family.

5-In a project view, create a curtain wall with panels. Size the curtain wall grid cells to the size of the curtain wall door or window you created.

6-Load the curtain wall door or window family.

7-Select a panel in the current wall. From the Type Selector, choose the family type you created to swap in the family.

8-If desired, create a new door or window schedule to include the curtain wall doors or windows."

I am stuck on step 3.
My experience in REVIT is very slim...and my revit vocab is also.

Thx in advance!

Carlos GT
2008-12-28, 03:28 PM
Welcome to the forum. To create a curtain wall door use the glass door from the Revit library.
1. Create your curtain wall (wall tool-curtain wall), Use the stretch grips to adjust the height and width.
2. Create new mullios if it is becessary (grid - mullions).
3. Insert a glass door from the revit library (door tool - load - doors - single or double glass door).
4. Select the panel of the curtain wall where you want to create the door (use the tab button to cycle over the different elements until you select the panel)
5. Once you select the panel you will see a blue pin, click on it to unpin it.
6. Right click on the panel selected and go its properties and in the family tab select the glass door from step 3.

Good luck.

Andre Carvalho
2008-12-28, 10:24 PM
If it is a curtain wall (not a curtain system), you can also select one of the panels as Carlos described above and switch it to any wall from the list (you can even have a wall as thick as the glass and with glass material). Once it is a regular wall, you can insert any door you want, not only curtain panels as doors.

Andre Carvalho

adverflex
2008-12-29, 09:29 PM
Thx bros for the wonderful advise ;) !!!