PDA

View Full Version : Radial Dimension problem

kathy71046
2008-12-29, 04:45 AM
I have a radial dimension that I'd like to show on my plan, but I can't find a way to do it, as it's a very large radius, and the origin is off my page.

If I turn on the anno crop, I lose the dim.

Does anyone have a way of showing just the bit i circled?

iankids
2008-12-29, 05:03 AM
Hi Kathy,

Maybe there is a better way from one of the gurus out there, but as a dirty work around, you could create a new dimension family with the line as white &therefore invisible on the sheet. Manually draw the line and arrow head.

The dimension itself remains and will update if you change the radius of the wall.

Hope it helps

Cheers,

Ian

Rick Houle
2008-12-29, 03:46 PM
You can highlight the dimension and drag the far grip to where you want it while maintaining the proper center origin.
If you have to have the anno crop turned on you will probably have to drag the anno crop beyond the extents of the center origin...

Does that help?

kathy71046
2008-12-30, 01:11 AM
Thanks Rick,

I didn't see the grip to move that, it's exactly what I was chasing, and I can crop it properly, anno crop doesn't need to include the origin.

William Troeak
2008-12-30, 08:40 PM
Something else that you can try is to turn on the crop region and split it in half by selecting the "horizontial view break" (the break line on the crop region). Then you can use the blue grips to drag the crp regions around until it looks like you want it to.

patricks
2008-12-31, 01:32 PM
You can highlight the dimension and drag the far grip to where you want it while maintaining the proper center origin.
If you have to have the anno crop turned on you will probably have to drag the anno crop beyond the extents of the center origin...

Does that help?

WOW I had NO idea that was possible!! Has that always been there??? To think, all these years I have been dimensioning large radii on site plans with just a text object w/ leader line to simulate a radius dimension. :o

kathy71046
2009-01-01, 03:22 AM
I don't feel quite so silly for asking the question now, thanks for brightening my working new years day up. :)