PDA

View Full Version : Linking a Microsoft Project Schedule into Timeliner

anthony.foster-davis
2008-12-29, 07:10 PM
Since we have updated to NW 2009 I haven't used timeliner unitl today. When I tried to link my Microsoft Project file it only gave me two options to link (MPX or Primavera), where in the older versions I was able to link a MPP file. Apparently in Microsoft Project you can only save as an MPX file in Project 98 or older unfortunately I only have 2003 and 2007. Is there anyway to make this link work either within NW or within Microsoft Project?
Thanks,

amixam
2009-01-01, 06:36 PM
In order to have the MPP import option available, you need to have Microsoft Project installed on the same machine as NavisWorks. Once installed, you may need to repair or re-install Navis to detect the new application. I have both installed on my machine and they work great.

Cheers.

anthony.foster-davis
2009-01-14, 12:35 AM
Will this be the same for a network license? We just upgraded to a network license and I have both Project and Primavera on my computer, considering the network license is on the server will I be ok when they install NW on my computer or will they have to load the scheduling software on the server as well?
Thanks for your reply.