PDA

View Full Version : Room Tag w/ window(s) area

mtogni
2004-10-09, 07:13 AM
Hi all,
is there a way to include the area of a window(s) of a room in the room tag or at least in reports?
Here in Italy we have to show the ratio between the window(s) area and the room area so it'd be very useful for us to do that.
I tired in many way but with no result... Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

Nevine
2004-10-09, 11:38 PM
I was able to go into a window and create a new parameter "Window area" with formula Width x Height. You might need remove the sash width out if you just need glass.
You can show the area in the window schedule.
I tried to create a tag that would display the area but I couldn't figure out how to link the parameter in the tag to the one in the window.

s.messing
2006-11-19, 02:37 AM
I, too, am trying to create a room tag that displays window area. I have created the calculated value for window area and then made it into a shared parameter. Then I went into a room tag family and added window area as a parameter, but somewhere along the way I missed a step, because when I loaded the new room tag family back into the project, it just displayed the question mark...
I can't tell if I am close or not or if Revit cannot do what I want it to (as would be the case with trying to have a room tag also function as a ceiling tag).
Thank you for any light that you can shed on this issue.
Cheers,
Stephen