PDA

View Full Version : detailed components used in wall sections.....

ntnik
2008-12-30, 09:48 PM
i like to use detail components in building sections (especially in determining masonry coursing)......then i usually ditch them and cut/paste back to the blowups.....i've got a building section that i'm working on and i want to leave the detail components in the building sections.....the line weights are too heavy so i edited the families, copied and made the line weights lighter ( linestyle options not available in detail components).....is there another way to do that? to make line weights of detail components vary dependent on scale?

patricks
2008-12-30, 10:04 PM
I do not know of a way to do this.

However I have used detail components also, particularly brick and block, even in 1/8" or 1/4" scale building sections, and I just leave the line weights the way they are. We normally use weight 5 for objects cut in section, and I just leave them this way even for a component used on a smaller-scale building section. The various CMU sides and filled/hollow cells are still legible. If the line weights make it so it's too jumbled up to be readable, then I just don't use that detail component at that scale. I'll save it for larger-scale wall sections and details.

Scott Womack
2008-12-31, 11:04 AM
i've got a building section that i'm working on and i want to leave the detail components in the building sections.....the line weights are too heavy so i edited the families, copied and made the line weights lighter ( linestyle options not available in detail components).....is there another way to do that? to make line weights of detail components vary dependent on scale?

The lines that are in the Detail components will appear in the View Properties/View Graphics Overrides.. under Detail Items. Simply override the projection lineweights of the detail component in that view to show lighter. If you have several of these types of views, then fix one, and make a view template from it to apply to other views of the same type/scale.

patricks
2008-12-31, 01:26 PM
oops yeah I forgot about overriding detail components. :Oops: Just be aware that ALL detail components in that view will be overridden.

ntnik
2008-12-31, 01:55 PM
yea, mulled it over and thought about an override in the car on the way home....should try that and with warning in mind.......thanks guys