PDA

View Full Version : Getting "Not enough Memory" error

vanderloo5
2008-12-31, 11:07 PM
Hi All,

Happy New Year. I've been getting this error message "This Computer Does not have enough memory to load,...." When I try to load family files and sometimes when I try to open projects. My project files are very small, (7224kb), and the operation of opening miniscule family files is obviously not a memory intensive procedure. I'm running windows xp pro64, Revit 2009 64 bit. 150gb HD with 132g free space, 4gb ram, Intel dual core processor, virtual memory paging set to 2046/4092. Task manager processing tab shows Revit at 500,000k. Revit is the only program open, 1 project only. Seems to be a software/ hardware communication glitch as I have more than enough memory. Been going on for 3-4 weeks now. I have to shut down and re-open Revit every time this happens. I have had zero other software/hardware issues with this computer. I have uninstalled and re-installed Revit at least 5 or 6 times. I have sp3 installed which is the latest upgrade. The only other Revit issue is that; <b>every time</b>I use the Room tool and click the "show bounding elements " button, Revit crashes. my reseller tech support suggests I start by unloading all software, wiping out my hard drive, reformatting and installing Revit only and see if I can re-create the message. No really. That's what they said. Kind of like telling somone with a headache to start by getting a lobotomy!

Thanks

vanderloo5
2008-12-31, 11:36 PM
In checking further, it seems odd to me that, even though I deleted all Revit folders from my c drive after uninstalling, before the re-install, I have Revit Architecure file folders in both my program files and my (x86) program files folders. But I only have 64 bit installed. Does anyone know if this is right and/or if this might cause a software conflict?