PDA

View Full Version : View Title

karalyn.patrick
2009-01-01, 03:04 AM
Hi Everyone and a Happy New Year to all!

I have a specific view title set up to show view name and view scale. Is there a way to have the view name with a 6mm label, the view scale a 3mm label and have them print next to each other with 1 space in between?

I can get them to print aligned but the label size is the same. If I separate them to have different label sizes they don't print aligned.

Thanks in advance.

Karalyn

Andre Carvalho
2009-01-01, 04:10 AM
Do you want them in the same line? I don't think there's a way using different label's sizes. If they are the same size you can add both parameters to the same label with 1 space in between. But if they are different sizes, that will ask for two labels and you can't add the space you want between them in an automatic way.

Andre

karalyn.patrick
2009-01-01, 04:14 AM
Hi Andre,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes I do want them in the same line. I'm currently using view name and then putting text in against each one. When you move the views though you have to remember to select the individual texts which is a bit of a pain.

rholguin
2009-01-08, 03:51 AM
when creating the view title is there any way to have it so that the View Title is segragated and not grouped... It works when you adjust the crop region, but I want to be able to move the scale and refernce number seperate from the actual view name... any one know how to do this?

karalyn.patrick
2009-01-08, 04:02 AM
Hi, Congrats on your first post .. I'm sure there'll be many more!

AFAIK You would have to have separate labels in your view title. If you open the relevant view title and edit it you'll see that it has more than 1 parameter. Remove the ones you want to be able to move manually and set them up as separate labels.

Cheers,
Karalyn

rholguin
2009-01-08, 03:42 PM
Well I went into the View title family and noticed that it only had one Label for all callouts...
View Name, Scale, and Refernce Number. So I duplicated each Label and gave them there own seperate names and I also noticed that each Label only had one Parameter in it. Isn't that what you were refering too?

rholguin
2009-01-08, 03:48 PM
Nope, it would not work... even though they have there own Parameter in each Label they are still grouped when they come in attached to a view. I want to be able to move each Label independently once its been added to the sheet.

karalyn.patrick
2009-01-08, 10:41 PM
Then you are in the same dilemma as I am. The only way is to make your view title with one parameter and then do a text box for the rest of it .. I beleive.

Cheers,
Karalyn

rholguin
2009-01-12, 04:57 PM
Then you are in the same dilemma as I am. The only way is to make your view title with one parameter and then do a text box for the rest of it .. I beleive.

Cheers,
Karalyn

yea ok, I guess I will make 2 Parameter's One for Detail Number, Scale and one Text Box.
That will work thanks for you help!

mthurnauer
2009-01-12, 06:55 PM
Is it possible to have the view number and view title justified to the right end of the view and the line going to the left?

karalyn.patrick
2009-01-12, 11:54 PM
Yes it is possible. Open your view title and select each parameter. In the properties you can set your horizontal alignment to right instead of left. Move all parameters over to the right so they are to the right of the extension line (which doesn't show till you are in the project).

rholguin
2009-01-15, 03:50 PM
I tried that it did not work for me.... the line is justified left and extends to the right with parameters.... (sucks) I only have 2 parameters now for scale and reference number. and draw my own lines on the plot sheets.