PDA

View Full Version : 64 bit install and (x86) folder

vanderloo5
2009-01-01, 07:32 PM
When installing revit 09 64 bit, the default install folder is program files (x86) which should not be where it installs. I've been having problems with my install(s) since day 1. When I removed the (x86) from the install location and install to the regular program files folder, I get "invalid data" on most folders during install and Revit will not install. So, when I let it install to the (x86) folder, at least it installs but i'm having some sort of communication conflict with Revit, see my earlier post http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=93198 I've been trying to resolve this issue for weeks and having no luck. I'm running xp pro 64, 150gb HD, 132gb free space, 4gb ram, intel dual core processor. Having no other issues with 64 bit program installs. By the way, when I let it install to the (x86) folder, it installs in both program files folders. Desperate for help!

Thank You and Happy New Year to All

Steve_Stafford
2009-01-01, 08:03 PM
Strange...are you certain you are installing the 64 bit version of Revit? The 32 bit version is installed in the x86 folder, that's where the OS install 32 bit applications. I can't imagine why the 64 bit version of Revit would install there which makes me suspect the executable you are running. Where did you get the 64 bit version of Revit? Did you download it from the subscription web site? As far as I can remember that is the only place you can get it at this time.

vanderloo5
2009-01-01, 08:21 PM
Yes, I definately have 64 bit installed. Got it from the subscripition site. If somone could please verify for me that when they installed 64 bit, it defaulted to the (x86) folder. It shouldn't but mine definately did multiple times. Couldn't swear this is the reason for the memory error but there's a conflict happening somewhere.

luigi
2009-01-02, 02:46 AM
Is it Revit Architecture, or Revit MEP? We are having problems with installing 64bit Revit MEP(it says it is 64bit when installing, the ini of the install definately is 64 bit, but the it installs the 32bit version instead in the x86 folder), but I thought it was something that we might have done incorrectly with the deployment...but haven't confirmed it yet.....for us Revit Architecture installs correctly, not Revit MEP 64bit.

Yes, I definately have 64 bit installed. Got it from the subscripition site. If somone could please verify for me that when they installed 64 bit, it defaulted to the (x86) folder. It shouldn't but mine definately did multiple times. Couldn't swear this is the reason for the memory error but there's a conflict happening somewhere.

EDITED: saw from your other thread that it is Revit Architecture...sorry!

vanderloo5
2009-01-02, 03:04 AM
Yes it's Revit Architecture.

mitch.cornelius
2009-01-05, 04:42 PM
When I downloaded the 64-bit version and opened up the file, it default "installed" to the x86 directory. A little more digging and I found that it was only unpacking the installation file to the x86 directory. Once it unpacked, it installed to the 64-bit directory.

dhurtubise
2009-01-06, 04:26 PM
It did the same on my computer. Just reassign to the right folder. No worries it will install the x64.