PDA

View Full Version : Lights cut ceiling - even when hidden

Alex Page
2009-01-01, 10:42 PM
When I turn off the visibility of my lights in a ceiling plan the light voids show as holes in the ceiling.
On a particular project we are doing a new ceiling grid layout (with some plasterboard dropped ceilings) but on our 'ceiling work' plan there are holes in the plasterboard showing where the lights are recessed.....logically this is correct, but for us its very confusing seeing circular and rectangular holes in our ceiling.

Has anyone found a workaround? I guess putting the lights into a future phase would work (?) - but I dont really want to create a new Phase just for this...

(edit) - no, changing lights to a future phase doesnt work - holes still appear

Andre Carvalho
2009-01-02, 02:38 AM
What if you edit your light fixture and make the void NOT cut the ceiling? Keep the void element there but just make sure it is not cutting the ceiling. If you ever need them to cut your ceiling, just edit your family again, make sure the void element now cuts the ceiling and reload the family into the project.

Andre Carvalho

Alex Page
2009-01-02, 05:25 AM
Yeah - thats what ive done: Im worried about forgetting to swap in the light with the void when I export to other programmes for rendering etc - or more importantly all the other users realising/ remembering that is what I need to do...I was hoping that it was a simple oversight on my part and easy to 'turn off'