PDA

View Full Version : Revit Time sheets.

jacharlton
2009-01-05, 01:38 PM
I am sure that you are aware that in AutoCAD when you type in “TIME” you are shown a time sheet for the file being used. The time sheet shows when the file was first created, last saved and how much time has been used to edit the file. I was wondering if you were aware if there was a way i could find out this information within a revit file, i.e; when the file was first created, last saved and more importantly how much time has been used to edit the file?

Thank you for your time

James Charlton

patricks
2009-01-05, 01:58 PM
You can go to File > Show History to get some of that information, namely when it was created and the date and time of every save command, but I think that's about it.

sfaust
2009-01-05, 03:11 PM
that would actually be a pretty easy thing to make with the API if you have anyone who knows any programming. You could write out to a log file what file was opened, when it was opened, when it was closed, and when it was saved, or when a saveas was performed. This could be done for each user and saved to a central location where you could access it...

azmz3
2009-01-05, 05:38 PM
Revit keeps a journal file for each project, and is stored in the Program Files folder on your hard drive, in the Revit Architecture folder, there is a folder called "Journal". in there you will find information related to each file opened on your machine, it keeps records of every instance of everything done in that file, along with a time and date of every action recorded by the journal.

jeffh
2009-01-05, 05:44 PM
The journal file keeps track of this kind of information. You can look at the journals of your sessions to find this out. Not as easily accessible as the "TIME" command in AutoCAD. It also will not tell you when the file was originally created. It will report the last time it was saved when first opened in a session and then record all of the save actions during the session, as well as keep a running time of actions taken during the session.

I have seen some tools to parse through a journal file for some of this kind of information.

jacharlton
2009-01-06, 07:30 PM
Hi, thanks all for the help. The Journal is what i am after! However, my settings were set to delete journals older than 10 days, so the ones i wanted have been deleted. I know this may be a long shot, but does anyone know if the deleted journals can be retrieved?

Cheers