PDA

View Full Version : Fill pattern wrong direction

eric.110455
2009-01-05, 10:37 PM
I have a model and the roof has a spansih tile fill pattern, all the roofs look perfect except for my round roof at the Turret, the fill pattern is horizontal instead of vertical. how do I fix this?

Andre Carvalho
2009-01-05, 10:42 PM
Edit your roof and in sketch mode select the arc. Go to properties and you can change the number of faces to display (several faces instead of a true curve). Then you can align your pattern with the edges and it will look good.

Andre Carvalho

eric.110455
2009-01-05, 10:47 PM
I dont see that option, I created my roof by doing a solid revolve. Is that a bad way to do it?

Andre Carvalho
2009-01-05, 10:52 PM
You could use the roof by footprint option and just sketch a circle or a curve. Then selecting their sketches is where you find the option I mentioned above.

Andre Carvalho

eric.110455
2009-01-05, 11:11 PM
Thanks, that worked.
So there is no way to have a "smooth" round roof with the fill pattern shown correctly?

Andre Carvalho
2009-01-06, 03:47 AM
Thanks, that worked.
So there is no way to have a "smooth" round roof with the fill pattern shown correctly?

Not with patterns that have straight lines that have to follow an exact orientation. For instance, adding a tile pattern to a curved ramp, most of the times will cause the tiles not to be square anymore. If your roof had a pattern that has no orientation by itself, like a concrete pattern, probably you wouldn't have the same issue.

Andre Carvalho