PDA

View Full Version : floor plan shadows

sami
2009-01-06, 07:11 PM
I’m trying to get all my floor plans to have shadows (see attached image)

The problem is that I have to set Ground Plane at the level of the plan for each floor plan,
and it seems this is linked to the name of the “still” so I have to create a “still for each level!

I cant believe this is the way it is designed, what am I missing here?

sfaust
2009-01-06, 08:32 PM
if you have floor objects in your model, just turn off the ground plane, that's more accurate anyway...

sbrown
2009-01-06, 10:26 PM
If you want a "fake shadow" outside each level to punch up the graphics you do create a sep sun study for each level placing the groundplane at each level.

Alex Page
2009-01-07, 07:58 PM
I’m trying to get all my floor plans to have shadows (see attached image)

The problem is that I have to set Ground Plane at the level of the plan for each floor plan,
and it seems this is linked to the name of the “still” so I have to create a “still for each level!

I cant believe this is the way it is designed, what am I missing here?

You are missing nothing! - that is what it does...BUT, on anouther note, is it a problem having the ground plane ar level ground floor so , say, when you are on the third floor, graphically the shadows to the outside of the building are longer? Quite nie effect I reckon.
(assuming you have 'floors' on, this wont affect your internal shadows)

sami
2009-01-08, 04:24 PM
Thank you all for your helpful answers, I had the floor turned off in some of the views which is why I was getting non consistent results. With your explanations things are running smoothly now..