PDA

View Full Version : building pads aren't cutting toposurface any more

Art Vandelay
2009-01-06, 08:47 PM
I had a site set up complete with building pads that related to the mutliple levels of the building I am working. Now the surface completely ignores the pads, and the toposurface is "unconnected" and "slides" right through the building. Any suggestions as how to resolve?

cliff collins
2009-01-06, 08:50 PM
Check Phase settings. It's critical for toposurfaces/pads/building footprints
that your views are set with correct Phasing--i.e. "Show Complete"

Hope this helps....

cheers........

Art Vandelay
2009-01-06, 08:51 PM
Thanks but tried that out already....without success

cliff collins
2009-01-06, 09:12 PM
Hmmm.

Did you check the Phase the pad was created in? it should be place in the New Construction Phase. The topo should be created
in the Existing Phase initially, from existing contour info.

Then, proposed grading should be placed in the New Construction Phase--which will
demolish the existing topo where cuts happen. You'll see it turn red, or a shaded
color as set up in Phase Graphics.

If you try to put a new pad in, in the New Construction Phase, what happens?

Perhaps you can post an example of your project so we can see exactly what's happening?

Also, when in doubt--create a new project--make a new toposurface, then place a pad--
to see if pads are working properly in a new, fresh project. If they work, then it is probably
something in your actual project that is causing the problem.

Keep us posted......

patricks
2009-01-06, 09:23 PM
I'm having an issue right now where a pad underneath an existing building, on the existing phase, is pulling up the NEW topo below it. I created the pad on the new construction phase and then moved it to existing. Could that be the problem? Even if I change the pad to demolished in the New phase, it's still affecting the topography created in the new phase.

Also, I have already demolished the existing topo and created a new graded region on the new construction phase. How do pads under existing buildings work in this case with demolished and new topo?

Art Vandelay
2009-01-06, 10:27 PM
OK, so I deleted the (5) pads for each level of the building and remodeled. The phasing, construction, and visibilty graphics are identical as to before but....I can see them now and they are cutting the topo as they should. However, I have (1) potion of the buildibng that is at grade...I cannot, for some reason, draw a pad under that and the topo does have a slight slope???

Art Vandelay
2009-01-06, 10:31 PM
even worse....If i draw a pad away from the adjacent pad (which is at basement level), it works just fine. When I edit and align to the edge of the basement pad, all pads become independant of the topography? WTF

iandidesign
2009-01-08, 09:35 AM
Pads are fickle to say the least. There is some good info in this thread:
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=63962

freakolp657703
2012-07-01, 09:34 AM
This solved something similar for me: Ensure that BEFORE SKETCHING the extent of the building pad, in the properties, it isn't lower than the lowest contour level of the toposurface. AFTER the outline is done, you may drag it down for lower levels in section.
EDIT: No. Still messed up. Tried changing elevation of the poche. For this instance it hasn't changed and I do not have time to redraw the outline, so maybe you should try setting your poche really deep and then sketch the coundary of the pad because in cases where the pad does not cut the existing topo, I'm guessing it has to create a new one to cut.

marshallbown760487
2018-08-08, 02:16 AM
Pads going sky high to invisible topo

Pad hole shape at top is not level -> looks like an invisible topo issue phase filter issue.

SET -> Phase Filter = None

ie show every single phase in the project

zoom out and see if an invisible topo is now visible.

Delete the tyrant.

Keep putting pads into the topos to test which topo the pad is cutting a hole into.

Be happy!