PDA

View Full Version : Material tags not working

tgorter
2009-01-07, 11:16 PM
I have a generic model family with a material parameter. I load the family into a project and assign a project material to the material parameter. The project material has a mark, in this case "EX-01". When i go to tag it using a material tag (which is set to tag marks), it doesn't show up but shows a black question mark instead. Why can't it read this material? The same tag works just fine with a wall that has a material assigned to it, and whose material mark is "EX-02". The EX-02 shows up just fine on the wall but not for the generic model. Any ideas? Thank you.

cliff collins
2009-01-08, 05:06 PM
Make sure the material exists in your project, as well as in the family--and they must be identical.

Also, make sure the object has not been "painted" with the paint tool.

As a test, try painting it with the correct material--see if it has been painted with "By Category"?

Also be sure the leader of the tag is actually touching the material--try pulling it away
and then re-attaching it.

Just a few things we've run into in similar circumstances.

cheers......

sbrown
2009-01-08, 08:57 PM
did you actually tell the geometery to be assigned to that material parameter?

Alex Page
2009-03-08, 04:21 AM
Same here - if I use the same material tag throughout my project, as soon as it tags a generic model it shows a un-editable question mark...

IF YOU DONT THINK THIS IS SO, CREATE A GENERIC MODEL IN PLACE AND YOU SHALL SEE!!!!

(Please note that my generic models arnt in-place families - it is easy to test)

Alex Page
2009-03-08, 04:38 AM
hmmmm - If I 'paint' the surface within the family - about 50% of the time I can tag it, but the other 50% I cantt....:banghead::banghead: