PDA

View Full Version : i thought.....(filled region)

ntnik
2009-01-09, 05:28 PM
i knew how to edit filled regions.....example make "earth" pattern more dense for different scales of drawings.....i guess i could "insert from file" if i had a project with the one i needed

twiceroadsfool
2009-01-09, 05:37 PM
If you have a project opened with the version you need or want, you can simply copy and paste. But if theyre named the exact same thing (Fill Pattern: Earth) its probably giving you a message saying:

"Duplicate Types exist from the project you are pasting and pasting in to. the types in the project you are pasting in to will be used" or something. Which basically means, its going to use the definition thats already in the project (the one you dont want).

Name it something else, then try...

ntnik
2009-01-09, 07:17 PM
i think the ones i like seem to be in '08, not 09.....how can i change scale of the pattern?

patricks
2009-01-09, 07:19 PM
The Earth pattern is a drafting pattern, so you need to define another filled region type, with another drafting fill pattern, and you can only change the scale of the pattern when you first import it. The pattern is probably stored in Revit's program folders somewhere, if you don't have it stored on a central server somewhere like we do.