PDA

View Full Version : Can you make "wrap wall ends" an instance parameter?

3dway
2009-01-09, 07:15 PM
Can you make "wrap wall ends" an instance parameter?

I see that this takes away from the method of global editing, but honestly, having wrap wall ends as part of the wall construction, effectively doubles my wall type count. Maybe that's ok.

greg.mcdowell
2009-01-09, 09:16 PM
No. If you want the wrap in the model you'll need seperate wall types.

If you only need this for a rendering try painting the material onto the end of the wall instead. And if it's somethign you see in your views at a large enough scale where it matters you might consider drafting over the end of the wall instead.

3dway
2009-01-20, 10:23 PM
No. If you want the wrap in the model you'll need seperate wall types.

If you only need this for a rendering try painting the material onto the end of the wall instead. And if it's somethign you see in your views at a large enough scale where it matters you might consider drafting over the end of the wall instead.

This is another one of "those things". It seems like the functionality is there but just out of reach. I'd rather have one wall type and check a box the way you do for a visibility parameter than have two wall types for one wing wall on a whole plan.

I find that drafting over and linework undermine the "automatic-ness" that we're expecting from BIM. If it were an instance parameter you coulf move or change the length or construction of the wall and your drafting lines wouldn't go out of date.

cliff collins
2009-01-20, 10:34 PM
3dway:

Amen, brother! Good comments about BIM.

I vote for the instance parameter in the Wall Properties.

cheers............