PDA

View Full Version : Navisworks Timeliner Modules

cginfo
2009-01-09, 08:04 PM
I am trying to have more than one person put together a timeliner project. Then merge the modules or append them into one project. How can I do that so I get a complete timeliner project?

sobdeijn
2010-04-12, 12:58 PM
I have the same problem. But in my case there are 2 fases of a project. Of which i want a timeliner simulation each and 1 combined project. I noticed when I don't have any tasks defined, the tasks get imported with append or merge. But i can't merge 2 simulation.

fobrien
2010-05-24, 11:06 AM
We are experiencing a similiar problem..i think:

We create 2 X NWDs with timeliner simulations. when i try to 'merge' or append either of these i get the geometry but no timeliner activities of the newly merged or appended nwd...if anyone has found a way to 'merge' NWD files this would be very useful

amixam
2010-05-24, 01:54 PM
I am not aware of a way to merge TimeLiner data. The user manual provides the following:

Merging Timeliner Data
For files that contain TimeLiner data, merging is done as follows:
■ if two TimeLiner data sets are identical, all duplicate data is removed.
■ if two TimeLiner data sets contain the same Primary link, then the data set with the most recent link (that is, the newest file date) is chosen over the other. If the Primary links are different, then the data set with the highest number of tasks will be used, and links are re-attached wherever possible.
■ if two TimeLiner data sets are completely unrelated, no data merging is performed.

Hope this helps.