PDA

View Full Version : Shared License ?

Mail106941
2009-01-09, 09:02 PM
Is there a utility or a command line script in dos that will allow someone to see who is using the product now. We have 4 licenses on a server for Navisworks Manage 2009.1 and with 5.4 we could see though the license manager who was using it. With 2009 that function seems to have gone away.

Brian

Ferroequine
2009-01-12, 05:48 PM
You can see who has the licenses by running the FlexLM utility on your license server, and have it create a status report for you.

steve.perkio
2009-01-13, 02:25 PM
So this can only be done on the server side???

We have people working remote all over the country, and we used to be able to see who had the clash and publish modules open (before 2009). Now it is a royal pain in the butt to see who has the program running (idle while they went to lunch or are just using Manage for visual rendering review).

I don't have access to the server side as I.T. has it locked down. If I want something checked I have to submit a helpdesk ticket and then wait for I.T. to call me.....

AutoCad needs to add this ability back into Navis for the users!

Perk

dgorsman
2009-01-13, 03:30 PM
Generating a log report can be done from the command line; you might be able to come up with a script callable from a users computer that will write a log file to a common network location. You would need to dig through the FlexLM licensing manual to confirm this, of course.

david.kingham
2009-01-20, 02:43 AM
All you need is LMTOOLS, you can simply copy the executable to your hard drive. Go to the Server Status tab, type in the license server name under server name and click perform status inquiry. If need more tracking abilities check out Jimmy's FlexReport http://www.jtbworld.com/jtbflexreport/index.htm

steve.perkio
2009-01-26, 02:21 PM
I.T. won't allow the users access through LM Tools, they state that "Unfortunately no, this is what we run from the server. This is not something that we want to have run from individuals workstations due to the capabilities this software has."

Any other ideas on how to query the license manager?

Perk