PDA

View Full Version : Visibility for Linked Revit Models per project

katherineb
2009-01-09, 09:45 PM
Hello,

Does anyone know how to adjust the visibilty for a linked Revit Model for the whole project not just a view?

Thanks,

Katherine

kevellis
2009-01-09, 10:55 PM
What specifically do you want to change?

for example:
If you are trying to get all the links in the floorplans to look the same you can create a view template from a plan that has the link looking the way you want and apply it to the other similar plans by CTRL or Shift selecting the views and applying the new template.

*WARNING*
Be very careful with View templates you can quickly mess a drawing up if you are not sure of exactly what you are changing. When making a view template to control the links you only want to check the box "VG Overrides RVT Links" then save. This way when you apply it to a new view you are only changing that specific option.

Before creating and applying a view template for "VG Overrides RVT Links" you will want to take a close look at all the settings in the Basic tab for that link and understand what they are controlling, specifically what is selected for "Linked View". You more than likely don't want all the floorplans looking at the same linked view in the referenced file. If you are uncertain I would suggest leaving these options at "none" or "<By host view>"

katherineb
2009-01-09, 11:13 PM
Hi kevellis,

I am trying to turn off the GRIDS in two different linked Revit projects. I am doing this because the Grid bubbles are off in the linked projects compared to the current Revit project. They are not of axis just 2' above the current grids. Thus Grid Bubble A is showing up 3 times - ect.

I tried doing the template thing you refered to, however, other things got messed up and I am not sure why.

I know I can turn these off by changing the VG to custom and simply un-checking the box for grids in each linked project, however, this is time consuming if you have tons of views and I am printing out the complete set.

That is why I wanted to turn off the grids for the two linked projects and only do this once - not 5 million times.

Do you know a way to do this operation only once?

Thanks,

kevellis
2009-01-12, 04:12 PM
I am not aware of a way to change Visibility Graphics globally. There may be someone on the boards that knows of a way but unfortunately I think you are going to have to turn the grids off in every view individually.

In the future you may want to set your View Templates up ahead of time (preferably in your Revit template) so that grids will not show up in specific views.

cdetore
2009-01-13, 02:53 PM
If your linked files are worksetted files you can selectively load worksets and leave the shared levels and grids workset off. You need to be sure that the only grids and levels are on that workset because no objects from that workset will show up. This will keep them from showing up in any view.

CD

twiceroadsfool
2009-01-13, 03:12 PM
Hi kevellis,

I am trying to turn off the GRIDS in two different linked Revit projects. I am doing this because the Grid bubbles are off in the linked projects compared to the current Revit project. They are not of axis just 2' above the current grids. Thus Grid Bubble A is showing up 3 times - ect.

I tried doing the template thing you refered to, however, other things got messed up and I am not sure why.

I know I can turn these off by changing the VG to custom and simply un-checking the box for grids in each linked project, however, this is time consuming if you have tons of views and I am printing out the complete set.

That is why I wanted to turn off the grids for the two linked projects and only do this once - not 5 million times.

Do you know a way to do this operation only once?

Thanks,

Painful as it may be to learn and play with, View Templates are made for EXACTLY what youre trying to do. IMPORTANT QUESTION: Are you in Revit 2008 or 2009? View templates got a little more flexible in 2009.

Go in to a view, and get the linked Models VG settings the way you would like them. Then, in the Project browser, Right click on the view and say "Make view template from this view." Here is the important part: You will get a dialogue box with a bunch of radio buttons. It is asking you what to include in the VT. UNCHECK EVERYTHING, except the RVT Links: VG Override tab. Then hit Okay. Now, you have a VT that will ONLY change the VG settings of those Linked Files.

Now, in the browser, select the other plans you want to apply it to, and right click > Apply View Template. Select the template you just made, and it will can the grids for you...