PDA

View Full Version : GBS plugins for Revit MEP and Revit Arch

jstrapko
2009-01-11, 10:45 AM
I downloaded Revit MEP, loaded a Revit Arch model with rooms defined, then used the MEP Space tool to define spaces, one for each room. Adjusting height limits in section view worked just like rooms.
Now I am wondering if downloading the Revit GBS plugin for Revit MEP is going to conflict with GBS for Revit Arch. I want to sort this out before trying to download anything more. Next week Tuesday I will meet with an engineer from the College HVAC department to discuss GBS. Hopefully, he can benefit from my preliminary experience.
If there is advice on the specific question of multiple GBS plugins or on the general question of managing more than one version of Revit on a single computer, please let me know. I want to avoid problems that divert us from productive time on Revit and GBS.
Jim Strapko
http://jastrapko.wordpress.com
I have reread using_green_building_studio_with__revit.pdf

kyle.bernhardt
2009-01-15, 02:04 PM
Hey Jim,
There should be no conflicts here, go ahead and download for both programs if you'd like. Keep in mind that Spaces drive gbXML Export in Revit MEP, and Rooms drive gbXML Export in Revit Architecture.

As for multiple flavors of Revit on the same machine, there's not much to manage here, should just work.

Finally, since you said you'll be using Revit MEP with the GBS Plugin, I've got one tip to get you started in the right direction. Learn to use a Shaded View in the Heating and Cooling Loads dialog. That's a view of the Analytical Model that is transferred to GBS via gbXML. That's a great place to visually check your Analytical Model before you send it out to GBS or any other Building Performance Analysis tool.

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask questions out here on the forums!

Cheers,
Kyle B

jstrapko
2009-01-16, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the advice regarding shaded view. I will be trying GBS plugin for Revit MEP this weekend.