PDA

View Full Version : Timeliner

Eric DeLeon
2009-01-12, 04:53 AM
Since we are able to link 3D models to schedule and have the ability to see the relationship in real-time when running the SIMULATION, I would like to have a column where I can enter $$$ amount for each task respectively and see the $$$ amount simulated when the 4D simulation is running or exported.

I want to be able to pause the simulation at any point to see the progress of each task and overall progress (which we already can do), but to also see tasks $$$ amounts running with the 4D simulation.

carty_girl
2009-04-07, 10:47 AM
you know what that's my wish too, i was able to link cost databases from revit but didn't exceed this point

Eric DeLeon
2009-05-14, 04:35 PM
This seems like an easy thing to do. Add another column in the tasks for COST.

As the timeliner is simulated for that particular task by date/time, the COST is displayed from START as $0 to the End as TOTAL COST for that task.

Of course if I paused the simulations, I would be able to see the running in between cost spent on that particular task.

This would be so sweet.

rj.reed
2009-06-19, 08:32 PM
This seems like an easy thing to do. Add another column in the tasks for COST.

As the timeliner is simulated for that particular task by date/time, the COST is displayed from START as $0 to the End as TOTAL COST for that task.

Of course if I paused the simulations, I would be able to see the running in between cost spent on that particular task.

This would be so sweet.

Has there been any success with this?

dmoodydesign
2011-04-27, 03:30 PM
No, there hasn't been any change, so I'll add to the wish. I'd like to see this expanded even more, similar to what I saw recently from Tekla. They give you the ability to tie the schedule to the quantity. For instance, if I change the time to install from 1yd/day to 10yd/day the schedule changes to reflect a reduction to .1 of the previous time frame. It makes the scheduling in TimeLiner so much more relevant.