PDA

View Full Version : Room will not show in view

michael.montagne
2009-01-14, 08:33 PM
I have a room that will not select and will not tag in a specific view. It shows in section and a plan view on a level that also intersects it(it is a tall room). But when I try to tag it i get the dreaded "none of the created elements are visible.." message. The same message appears if I try to draw room separation lines within the missing room. If I select the view in a section and go to the plan, it does not appear.
I've created view templates from views that DO show it and then applied them to the bad view. I've checked phasing. I've Revealed hidden elements. All to no avail.
Makes you go hmmmm...... and then makes you go #$%^&!

cliff collins
2009-01-14, 08:44 PM
Is it on a workset that is turned off?
Is it hidden with the "sunglasses tool" or the Light bulb tool"
Is it in a Phase that is not shown in the view?

any luck?

cheers...........

michael.montagne
2009-01-14, 08:54 PM
all worksets are on. Phase is set to Show all. i've revealed all elements. Still nothing. I've removed it and inserted a new room on a working view and still nothing.

cliff collins
2009-01-15, 02:15 PM
Try placing a new Room in the same location as the "ghost" Room.
Make sure you are placing it on the correct workset.

What happens? Do you get a warning message saying " duplicate rooms in the same location" or something like that?

If so, select everything with a window--then filter only rooms--and see how many
items are selected.

Or select a Room--right click and select all instances, or "isolate category" with the sunglasses tool. What do you see?

Any luck?

cheers...................................