PDA

View Full Version : Navis Works

harkeychad
2009-01-14, 09:46 PM
We have a client that wants our Revit to go into Navis Works. I have not even heard of it. Can we do this easily? What is this Navis Works anyway? Thanks

twiceroadsfool
2009-01-14, 09:58 PM
Its a collaboration environment package. Revit gets an exported installed when you installed Navisworks... So someone on the team (either you or the client) has to own a license of it, to export.

That, or youll have to hand over the revit model.

That said, find out what they want it for, how they intend to use it, and what your liabilities are, and make sure youre getting paid for them...

mtropper
2009-01-14, 10:03 PM
Navisworks is a clash detection software recently purchased by Autodesk. It allows the user to import 3d files from multi disciplines and multi file formats. After setting up parameters the software will find collisions.

You will only need to supply a model or 3d dwf.

Check the product info on Autodesk.com

kevellis
2009-01-14, 10:47 PM
I suggest you download a 30 day trial of NavisWorks and check it out. It is a very powerful tool for Interference Detection, 4D simulation, Project Presentations, Reviewing projects and much more.

There is a lengthy thread already created regarding NavisWorks 2009 & Revit 2009 here
http://forums.augi.com/showthread.php?t=82196

Hope this helps answer some of your questions.

Scott Womack
2009-01-15, 11:53 AM
I suggest you download a 30 day trial of NavisWorks and check it out. It is a very powerful tool for Interference Detection, 4D simulation, Project Presentations, Reviewing projects and much more.

When you download the trial version, you can then install the plug-in exporter to your Revit.

The plug-in will continue to work even after the 30 trial period is up. Thus you can send them the exported NWC file format to them, without sending the Revit model itself.

harkeychad
2009-01-20, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the info. I will get the download