PDA

View Full Version : Beam to Cranked Slab

STHRevit
2009-01-15, 01:53 AM
Hi All,

I am currently working on a multi level carpark using post tensioned concrete. As such the slab components will need to be cranked, forming ridges and valley's.
No real problem there.

My question is, these slabs also need concrete beams to the soffit. How do i get the beam to follow the rise and fall of the cranked slab?

Any help is appreciated

Craig_L
2009-01-15, 04:43 AM
My suggestion would be to put in a reference plane, then create your beams on that reference plane. That's probably the easiest method. Otherwise you can work out the high and low points at the end of your beams, and then input that into your beam properties start and end point offsets, but this is a bit annoying. The problem you do get is that your beam - being on a slope, will show poorly in plan as you will see the end face in plan and the top and bottom line of this end face. You can fix this by either adjusting your cut plane (although for the ones on the higher level you will still have the problem) or, you can just use the linework tool. Its best if you can manage it to have them intersecting beams or pile caps at these points, that way just join the elements and you will eliminate the double up of lines. I also suggest locking your beams to that plane.