PDA

View Full Version : Residential-Default template and Basment Level

dbranch
2009-01-15, 03:29 PM
I am new to revit after sixteen years on Autocad and ACAD Architecture - with all that said I have taken the plunge to go head first into Revit. The test project that I am working on is a private residence that will have a daylight walkout basement. I have read Paul Aubin's 2009 Revit Book like the Bible. However, he does not address the residential template -

Here is what I am not understanding:

I created a project using the out-of the box residential-default.rte template. When I switch to the elevation view to set my floor heights it does not show a basement level. I assumed that the foundation level was the basement floor - that is not the case -
How do I get the basement level to show on the elevation. I have read several threads and I am not getting a clear idea -

Unfortunately, I have a presentation tomorrow and I trying to NOT revert back to ACAD.

Anyone that can help would be a lifesaver!

Thanks!

dbranch
2009-01-15, 03:45 PM
I think I discovered a solution to my problem - but if someone would still be nice enough to respond to confirm my possible solution that would be greatly appreciated!

stefan.hokuf
2009-01-15, 10:27 PM
Your assumption that your foundation level is not the same as the basement level may be correct. Remember that view names may differ in the browser from that of the level name in an elevation. One way I like to verify that is to use the 'Find Referring Views' option in the floorplan (by right clicking).

I think your level is not showing in the elevation because the level is not intersecting it. Revit will only reflect the levels that intersect the corresponding elevation. Make sure your 3D extents on the ends of your level lines are maximized, again by right clicking on the grips.