PDA

View Full Version : Commercial Renderings

dzatto
2009-01-16, 10:40 PM
I'm running out of titles!
Okay, I'm loving rendering again. ACA (once you figure it out) is so much easier than Viz was.

Here is a multi building site. It's a car wash, vac canopy, and lube center. I still think the concrete is a bit bright, but that could be because there's so much of it. Anyway, any comments are welcome.

**I updated the renderings 19Jan09**

spacedecor
2009-01-30, 03:21 PM
Woo!..how lovely ACA rendering?
I like it!..Can you tell the different between ACA & ACAD 2008/9 rendering?

dzatto
2009-01-30, 04:21 PM
Woo!..how lovely ACA rendering?
I like it!..Can you tell the different between ACA & ACAD 2008/9 rendering?
I never really renderd in 2008. I used to use Viz, but since they discontinued it I stopped working with it. I can tell you that, for exterior architectural renderings, ACA is way easier than Viz and the renderings look better.

robert.beatty
2010-01-29, 03:08 PM
Question, what did you use to get this Rendering. I currently use Autocad MEP 2010 and would like to know what other software would be best to get renderings such as the gas station shown. Thanks

dzatto
2010-01-30, 03:05 AM
Question, what did you use to get this Rendering. I currently use Autocad MEP 2010 and would like to know what other software would be best to get renderings such as the gas station shown. Thanks
I modeled and rendered it entirely in autocad ACA. I can't remember which release. Judging from the date I posted it I would guess 2009. I upgrade as soon as it is available, usually,. I'm running ACA 2010 now. I'm not familiar with MEP (I've never used it) but I'm assuming it's capable of doing walls, doors, and windows just like ACA does? All the site work is just extrusions. All the cars, trees, and people are RPC's.

dboggs
2010-02-01, 03:56 AM
I noticed that you have good reflections in your windows. How do you do it? I have had zero luck with getting my windows to look good in my ACA renderings. I also have not been able to get any reflections at all. I am using the default material in ACA for windows (Doors & Windows.Glazing.glass.Clear) and have tried both Realistic and Advanced for Type. It seems no matter how I apply the available settings I can't seem to get any reflections. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

neje
2010-02-01, 04:16 PM
I am learning ACA2009 rendering too and yes the glass is a bit of fun.
I think! Try raising the refraction index and make sure shiny is way up.
But I'm still learning it too but it's fun.

Great renders Dzatto, I think Acad rendering shows good potential for getting decent quality renders out fast and efficiently rather than disconect and plug into something else.

dboggs
2010-02-01, 07:35 PM
I have tried everything I can think of and still can't get a single reflection to appear in my rendered glass. There must be something I am missing. I have attached a file with a simple rendering that I am using for testing purposes. Please Help!

dzatto
2010-02-01, 09:23 PM
Well, I'll definately help you but my ACA is having serious issues that we can't figure out right now. Doing my third clean install! Just upgraded to Win 7. I think it has something to do with my network deployment image.

Anyway, when I get it back up I will look at my settings and let you know what I did. I can't remember off the top of my head.

dboggs
2010-02-01, 09:54 PM
Any help would be great. Good luck with getting your ACA up and working again. I can upgrade to Windows 7 for free on my computer, but haven't even thought of doing it yet. Let me know how Windows 7 is working for you.

dzatto
2010-02-02, 07:23 PM
okay, got it sorted out. So far. I'll let you know how 7 is working. I have it on a laptop at home that I run ACA and Revit Archtiecture on and it flies.

Anyway, look at the pic attached. This is how I set up my tinted glass with reflections.

neje
2010-02-03, 11:07 AM
Opacity up high? Translucency off?? Just when I thought I was getting the hang of the materials editor.

Sigh

dzatto
2010-02-03, 08:20 PM
Opacity up high? Translucency off?? Just when I thought I was getting the hang of the materials editor.

Sigh
Keep in mind I use tinted glass, not clear. If it were clear glass then Opacity would be low and tranlucency would be higher. I used the clear glass as a template, then used "'by color" and set it to a dark grey with the settings I posted previously.

dboggs
2010-02-08, 03:09 PM
I found that the OOTB glazing material "Doors & Windows.Glazing.Blue" works well to give you a reflective quality while maintaining a little transparency. Also, if you turn a really bright light on in the model you can see through the glass well; even with the sun on. I had no success working with OOTB glazing material "Doors & Windows.Glazing.Glass.Clear," which is the OOTB material for windows in ACA.