PDA

View Full Version : What does this mean?

nsinha73
2009-01-16, 11:18 PM
Please see the attached, why is the control so far away. In the Family it is right at the start point of the Detail Compoent. But once I place it, its extremely off course.

christo4robin
2009-01-17, 04:39 AM
In the family, make the scale of the view the same as the scale of the view in your project. You may find that the control is that far away when the scale is quite large (1:10, etc.). Then, move the control in the family to where it is more appropriate.

patricks
2009-01-19, 01:13 PM
That doesn't work. I just opened my Plywood-Section family, and found the control arrow right at the left end (origin point) of the detail component, with the scale set to 1 1/2" = 1'-0". When I loaded it into the project and used it in a drafting view of the same scale, the arrow is way out in space if the detail component is short.

This is a problem I noticed starting in RAC 2008 I believe. No matter where you put the control arrow in a 2-pick detail component family, it ALWAYS places that control arrow 2 feet away from the mid-point of the detail component. This is especially frustrating when you're working in section views with the annotation crop on. If you're too close to the edge, it will tell you the object is not visible, and you have to either stretch out or turn off the annotation crop to make the detail component visible.

Before RAC 2008, the control arrow would appear where you place it in the family. I would always have to edit the OOTB families to move the control arrow from the mid-point of the default 4'-0" length down to the end, for that very reason. But for some reason the factory has decided that the arrow should always show up 2' - 0" from the mid-point, wherever that may be.

patricks
2009-01-21, 01:08 PM
I created a support request about this issue, and of course someone at ADSK said they can't re-create the problem... yeah right :roll:

So I sent them an attachment with the following project file containing a newly-created test line-based family.