PDA

View Full Version : Network license issue

SupremeTaco
2009-01-20, 08:05 PM
Hey guys,

Does anybody else have an issue with Revit on a network license? Ours seems to randomly (and quite often... sometimes every few days or every other week) say a floating license can't be obtained (even while nobody else is using it). typically all we have to do to fix this is reset the license server and it works but that isn't working this time. The server says the license isn't checked out by anybody at all, and the licenses for 3ds Max and NavisWorks are working just fine.

cliff collins
2009-01-20, 08:45 PM
We have had this happen a few times.

Do you have the license manager installed on your server?

Watch out for Windows Firewall or other security software blocking it.

We had to run thru the troubleshooting process on the phone with our reseller once to clear up the problem.

cheers....

SupremeTaco
2009-01-20, 09:01 PM
Yes we have it installed on the server. And we have been through our reseller many times over the past 6 months. Every time we end up "fixing" it just to have it go down a week later. I just don't see how Max and NavisWorks don't have any issues...

dhurtubise
2009-01-20, 11:32 PM
Do you have an option file?
Are you using an environnment variable to point to the server?
Are you using distributed or redundant licence server?

bbeck
2009-01-21, 05:05 PM
Which version of LMTOOLS are you running? We're running 10.1.5 and I know that there are newer updates out there, 11.4.1 at least. I'm assuming that when you "stop server" you have checked the box to "Force Server Shutdown". As far as I know, once that process is complete and the LMTOOLS service has been restarted, the only way a license can be pulled is from a "live heartbeat" from the client side. We run 4 different floating license applications from LMTOOLS and have never seen as much trouble as your having, wish I could be more helpful.