PDA

View Full Version : remove revisions

charliep
2009-01-20, 08:10 PM
Is there an easy way to remove revisions from a sheet? I have about 140 sheets with 5 views each and 5 or 6 revisions and the boss wants to issue the final set without the revisions. Any reasonable ideas?

dfriesen
2009-01-20, 10:25 PM
Go to Settings/Revisions, select each revision, set Show to None. That will prevent all of them from showing on your sheets.

Is that what you mean?

iankids
2009-01-21, 07:10 AM
Go to Settings/Revisions, select each revision, set Show to None. That will prevent all of them from showing on your sheets.

Is that what you mean?

I think this only controls the tag and revision cloud in the model itself and on the quick test I did, it had no control over the revision schedule on the sheet.

I have searched a little bit, but apart from editing each sheet revision through the element properties of the sheet, I cannot find a simple control to switch on or off the revisions listed in the revision schedule on the sheets. - would be nice if such a thing was available!?!

Cheers,

Ian

charliep
2009-01-21, 08:09 AM
Thanks guys, I came to the same conclusion. One for the wish list?

kathy71046
2009-01-21, 10:16 AM
one for the wish list definately

Scott Womack
2009-01-21, 11:30 AM
[quote=iankids;931651]I think this only controls the tag and revision cloud in the model itself and on the quick test I did, it had no control over the revision schedule on the sheet.
I have searched a little bit, but apart from editing each sheet revision through the element properties of the sheet, I cannot find a simple control to switch on or off the revisions listed in the revision schedule on the sheets. - would be nice if such a thing was available!/quote]

Make a record copy of the file. Now in the file going forward you should be able to combine all of the revisions down to one, such as Issued for Construction. As far as the revision clouds, well, that is a bit of an issue. Only way is to go to each sheet/view, and erase them. If it is down to one revision, and it is on each sheet, then just turning off the clouds may suffice. At least the face that the item had been revised previously would be there, as an indication the archived version of the file might need checking. You could then place this single revision into each sheet (in 2009) and you are good to go.