PDA

View Full Version : No Rendering Library

dsw98
2009-01-22, 05:09 PM
So i've installed Revit 2009 and the Render Library says it's not available. Yet when I go to the Option Box the Path is there under the Rendering Tab. I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. What's else should I try?

cliff collins
2009-01-22, 08:18 PM
C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Data\Rendering

do you have content here? If not, something is not installed correctly.

cheers

dsw98
2009-01-26, 03:16 PM
C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Data\Rendering

do you have content here? If not, something is not installed correctly.

cheers

yes I have content in that folder. All the rendering folders are there.

dsw98
2009-04-03, 04:54 PM
yes I have content in that folder. All the rendering folders are there.

I'm still unable to access my render library, does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-03, 05:14 PM
I'm still unable to access my render library, does anyone have any ideas? thanks

Are you sure you have the file called assetlibrary_base.fbx under C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Data\Rendering\?

If not you can download the ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab file from the following link:

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2009WU3/ContentAll/ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab

Extract the content from the file and you will find all you need there.

Andre Carvalho

dsw98
2009-04-03, 06:28 PM
Are you sure you have the file called assetlibrary_base.fbx under C:\Program Files\Revit Architecture 2009\Data\Rendering\?

If not you can download the ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab file from the following link:

http://revit.downloads.autodesk.com/download/2009WU3/ContentAll/ProteinMaterialLibrary.cab

Extract the content from the file and you will find all you need there.

Andre Carvalho

Okay, I checked and I do have the .fbx file, also downloaded the one you suggested and it's still not working. I've tried re-instaling Revt 3 times and still getting the same results.

Andre Carvalho
2009-04-03, 06:58 PM
Hmm... Are you using Windows Vista or XP? Do you have administrator rights on your computer? Have you tried starting Revit by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"? Sometimes functions that are installed, like extensions only show if you start Revit by running as administrator, even if you are the Administrator...

Andre Carvalho

dsw98
2009-04-03, 07:16 PM
Hmm... Are you using Windows Vista or XP? Do you have administrator rights on your computer? Have you tried starting Revit by right clicking the icon and selecting "Run as Administrator"? Sometimes functions that are installed, like extensions only show if you start Revit by running as administrator, even if you are the Administrator...

Andre Carvalho

I'm running XP home edtion. My computer is set up with administrator rights. I'm the only one that uses the computer. I just tried "Run as Administrator", but that didn't work either.

cj_follmer
2009-04-09, 08:20 PM
What processor are you using? The renderer requires a processor with the SSE3 instruction set. Sounds like you may have an older AMD processor. Only the newer ones have the SSE3 set. My old home pc had the same problem. It had an AMD Athlon XP. I couldn't render with that computer.

CJ