PDA

View Full Version : Three part section bubble

mholzer
2009-01-22, 06:46 PM
I work for a structural engineering firm in Virginia. The Virginia Construction & Professional Services Manual requires that we use a three part section bubble for all Virginia state work. The bubble shows the sheet number where the section is cut and the sheet number where the section is drawn. This is easy to do in AutoCAD but very difficult in Revit.

For example I am detailing a basement wall. I cut the section on my basement floor plan. I want the section to show the basement floor, the basement wall, and the first floor. My basement floor plan is S1.00 and my first floor plan is S1.01. When looking at the basement plan my section bubble looks great. It shows that the section is cut on S1.00. When looking at the first floor plan the section bubble still displays S1.00 but I need it to display S1.01 as the sheet number the section is cut from. Revit references the level that is at the lowest elevation in the section cut. Has anyone run into this problem? Is there a solution or a good work around for the problem?

Thanks,
Matt

jeffh
2009-01-22, 10:19 PM
Are you looking for somethign like this (see attached screen shot)? It is part of the default installed content with Revit. Imperial Library>Annotations>Section Head - Filled w Sheet-Ref Sheet.rfa. There is one for callouts too.

Try loading this into your project and see if it does what you need it to do.

mholzer
2009-01-23, 02:11 PM
Jeff,

This is what I am using. The problem is that the reference sheet does not update. I have the exact same section cut on my basement plan (S1.00) and my first floor plan (S1.01). When viewing the basement plan the reference sheet number in the bubble should be S1.00. When viewing the first floor plan the same section cut shows up but I would like the section bubble to update and reference S1.01. It is redundant to reference the sheet you are looking at but it is required for Virginia state work.

If you have some time look at the attached images. The first picture is the basement floor plan references which references S1.00 in the section head. The second picture is the first floor plan which still references S1.00. I would like it to update the reference to S1.01.

jstadler.79244
2009-01-23, 06:48 PM
Unfortunately the section callout only shows the initial view (lowest level) of the callout. There is no way to have it update to the other level views is shows up on. We have just finished and submitted a project to BCOM without using the 3 part callout, and after explaining to them the limitations of Revit they reluctantly allowed the 2 part callouts.

mholzer
2009-01-23, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the response. I suppose we may have to talk to BCOM and switch to the two part callout as well.

Regards,
Matt