PDA

View Full Version : Project browser question

Carlos GT
2009-01-23, 03:48 PM
I have a project with different disciplines: architecture and MEP. I started the project with the project browser organization showing "all". Then I switched to "disciplines" to have a better order. But I noticed that in the electrical plan, when I switched the discipline from Architecture to Electrical, all the drafting line work that I drew are now showing in light color, kind of "beyond type of lines". Even when I tried to override the color in the line category to black, the line color does not change. The same thing happen with the mechanical Plan.
Other thing that I noticed is that in the category pull down menu I do not see "Plumbing", is there any way to add this discipline to the project?
By the way, I am using revit 2008.

Thanks.

jstadler.79244
2009-01-23, 06:15 PM
Unfortunately you can not accomplish what you are describing in 2008 as far as I know. We went throuhg the same problems, but fortunately this was corrected in 2009 and we can now draw detail lines in the MEP views
You can not add Discplines in Revit Arch, but Revit MEP has a Sub Discipline parameter that can be called whatever you need.

Carlos GT
2009-01-23, 07:11 PM
Thanks.
Here is another question, is it possible to take different drafting views and group them under a group called "Mechanical details" for example?

Scott Womack
2009-01-23, 09:58 PM
Thanks.
Here is another question, is it possible to take different drafting views and group them under a group called "Mechanical details" for example?

We created a project parameter called "View Type", and apply it to views. Then you can type in this parameter what you want, and then tell the browser to sort on this parameter. Thus you can (I'm just an architect) tell the drafting views to sort on and segrate by Roof Details, Curtainwall Details, Wall Details, etc.