PDA

View Full Version : material surface patterns on split regions walls won't update

davidthigpen
2009-01-23, 06:41 PM
I have created a wall that has three different materials split horizontally. I used the split region to modify the vertical structure of exterior wall layer under wall edit assembly. This went fine but now I'm trying to revise the surface patterns, I revise the surface pattern for the material but it does not update on this wall type. The material updates on other walls using it and I can paint the material onto this wall and it paints with revised pattern but the wall itself won't change. Is this a bug, a feature! or am I missing something.

Scott Womack
2009-01-23, 09:54 PM
I have created a wall that has three different materials split horizontally. I used the split region to modify the vertical structure of exterior wall layer under wall edit assembly. This went fine but now I'm trying to revise the surface patterns, I revise the surface pattern for the material but it does not update on this wall type. The material updates on other walls using it and I can paint the material onto this wall and it paints with revised pattern but the wall itself won't change. Is this a bug, a feature! or am I missing something.

Are these three materials that happen to use the same surface pattern, like 3 different colors of brick? This can sometimes cause an issue. I've had to duplicate the material, and define a surface pattern with a different pattern name (loaded from the same PAT file, to get these to be shifted independently.

nblevins
2009-03-20, 02:08 PM
i just had a similar problem on a wall type that's divided horizontally within the wall properties. the sections have different materials, each with a different pattern, but the patterns weren't updating automatically when i changed them.

i finally realized if i used the paint bucket on the sections that had changed, but painted with "by catagory" they would change each time... even though they were supposedly already showing their default pattern.. i tested it several times to be sure.. seemed like a bug to me.