PDA

View Full Version : Wall above ground but below DPC - best practice?

dg
2004-10-13, 06:40 PM
How are you guys drawing/defining the section of wall just above the ground level, but below DPC/ground floor level?

Revit indicates that these should be structural and extend down to the top of the foundation strip.

However, in my elevations print out I don't want to see anything below ground level. This seems to require a spit in the wall at ground level, and any work below ground to be a different phase and turned off in the phase view options.

I don't really fancy this as all work below DPC should be in the same phase.

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-13, 06:47 PM
I'm not entirely sure what you are talking about. DPC?? Could you post an example of what you are trying to achieve.

-Z

GuyR
2004-10-13, 07:17 PM
DPC = Damp proof course

I think this is what you're asking. See attached. This was done with a toposurface.

If you don't want to do this use drafting fills to hide the below ground foundation modelling.

HTH,

Guy

dg
2004-10-13, 08:46 PM
Do you mean you don't have a DPC in the States! How do you keep the damp out??lol

Attached is a basic image showing the lower part of a bungalow - the DPC level is the horizontal line just up from the bottom of the building. This is normally the internal floor level and 150mm up from external ground level.

Alt the moment I am drawing a structural wall up from [level 0] ground level to [level1] ground floor level. And then the main walls from level 1 upwards. After printing these, I then edit the structural wall to its correct foundation depth etc and print the sectional views.

SkiSouth
2004-10-13, 09:16 PM
This seems to require a spit in the wall at ground level, .

When you make your wall, unlock the base of the exterior material. Set your wall base to be at the DPC, then use the base extension under properties to offset the material down the distance required.

Davied2
2004-10-15, 11:58 AM
Hi dg

Hope I am reading your post correctly, I had a similar problem recently where I had drawn a house and also all the trench walls and Foundations below ground but did'nt want them to show in elevation.

I found using SCOPE BOX was of great use. I set up a scopt box from my ground level and adjust all my elevation views to use the assigned scope box and the view does not show anything below ground.

I hope this is what you meant.

Regards

The Welshman