PDA

View Full Version : Title Block Scale 'As Indicated'

amjones
2009-01-26, 06:59 PM
Yall,

I am going batty trying to figure this out. When I have multiple scale views on the sheet the scale section of my title block says 'As indicated"...and I want it to say "AS NOTED"
I
t is a lable with the 'Scale' parameter associted with it.

Where can I access this information and change it to soemthign else?

Thanks,
Drew

patricks
2009-01-26, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure you can change it.

We just don't bother with showing a scale in out title block, because pretty much every single sheet has views of different scales on it. The scale is shown by the view title, and we just leave it at that.

If you must have it that way, you could just create a text label that you could manually fill in with "As Noted"

DaveP
2009-01-26, 10:15 PM
That's one of the great things about switching to Revit.
It gives you a chance to look back at your current processes and say
"What the heck are we doing that for?"
There are a few things that Revit can't do, or forces you to do it's way, but most of those things really don't make a whole lot of difference.

Seriously, is your building going to fall down or leak if you have a piece of text (which is redundant anyway) say "NOTED" instead of "INDICATED"?

amjones
2009-01-27, 02:23 AM
Thank you both for the swift reply. I guess I got to caught up in the "Of all the things I can do in Revit this has to be one of them...right" argument. So much in fact that I was able to ignore the chorus in my head singing: "What the heck is my view title doing then...who the bleep cares if all the views on the sheet are the same scale...who cares if they aren't...."

Ah solid ground. And now that I think about where did this convention come from in the first place?

Hmmmm.

Thanks,
Drew

patricks
2009-01-27, 01:32 PM
Probably from when people used to hand-draft on pre-printed vellum titleblock sheets, which had a spot for Scale.