PDA

View Full Version : Title Blocks - General Labeling

Grumple
2009-01-27, 05:11 PM
Hi all,

Just a few quickies...

Any way to add "Date implemented to production" to a revision schedule?

Any way to add a generic blank "Text" label? Just so that a text note like "Material" can be added in the titleblock family and the value added later IN LINE with the title block note...

Any way to add "File name" rather than "File Path"?

Thanks in advance : )

kathy71046
2009-01-28, 12:45 AM
If there are any fields you aren't using (say issued to), just change the heading and use that, otherwise i don't see a way to add any new parameters to the revision schedule.

You could leave room for it and add one in the project to each sheet, although I'm not sure how to get it to relate to your revisions at all, and it would probably eaiser to add a legend view with text and lines to simulate any extra rows that are identical on multiple sheets.

For your "text label", add a shared parameter, and when you add the parameter to project parameters, select instance or type according to your usage, and select drawing sheet to add it to.

File name I would add as a shared parameter and set it to type.

Grumple
2009-01-30, 10:05 AM
Hi Katika,

Shame about the revision schedules...

How would I go about adding a 'File name' shared parameter?

Thanks for your input : )

tmcguire17
2009-01-30, 02:44 PM
I just use a shared parameters file to add to my title block info as req'd.

kathy71046
2009-02-02, 12:59 AM
If you don't already have a shared parameter file, when you click the button to add a shared parameter, I believe it will allow you to create a new one in there (don't have Revit open now)

You should be able to select where you would like to save the parameter file, and you simply add categories and parameters as you need them.

I suggest a bit of thought with what categories, as once you have created the parameter, should you decide you want it in a new categoty, Revit will treat the new parameter as different to the old one even if it has the same name.

Grumple
2009-02-03, 11:23 AM
Am I right in thinking that there is a single 'shared parameter' file that you can just fill with loads of random parameters?

Or do you make a new shared parameter file for each family/family type you create?

Still not sure how to make the 'File Name' shared parameter... If I make a shared parameter under parameter group 'Title block' called 'File Name' and set it to text... How do I get it to actually show the file name when placed on a sheet?

Thanks

Scott Womack
2009-02-03, 11:41 AM
It is a single file, which can be located on a network so everyone in the office can use it.

Grumple
2009-02-03, 12:22 PM
Thanks Scott

Grumple
2009-02-05, 12:26 PM
Is the File Name label impossible? : |

Is it a case of making a generic text label and just typing the file name in?

Cheers

Scott Womack
2009-02-05, 12:41 PM
Probably for the Text line.