PDA

View Full Version : Phasing Question

NHURLEY
2009-01-28, 09:48 PM
I'm working on a rather large renovation/addition job that will need to be completed in phases in order for the client to continue to function. We will have 5 phases on the job 4 of which will have both demolition and new construction. I have my phases set up and walls to be demolished and constructed put on the appropriate phases. The views look correct when I pick each phase. However I want to show an overall demo plan that shows all the demo work completed throughout the entire job. Since only walls that are demoed during a the selected phase show up how can I accomplish this. Thanks.

josh.made4worship
2009-01-28, 10:03 PM
I played for a minute, and I'm not sure this is possible within a single view in Revit. I could be wrong and I'm sure someone else will chime in soon.

One thing you could do is overlay multiple views showing each demo phase on top of each other on the sheet...definitely not ideal and obviously a work around, but it could work...

Scott Womack
2009-01-29, 12:02 PM
However I want to show an overall demo plan that shows all the demo work completed throughout the entire job. Since only walls that are demoed during a the selected phase show up how can I accomplish this. Thanks.

The only way is to overlay a series of views, or create design options, corresponding to each phase, and Demolition is a "subset" of a single phase, but can be in "any" phase. Demolition is not a phase by itself. This is the way Revit is designed to work.

Phase in Revit are always "relative" to the previous phase. This means that Phase 3 New construction is relative to "Existing" (Phase 2 completed/new construction only). Therefore you cannot make a single view that encompasses the demolished items in multiple phases.

patricks
2009-01-29, 01:49 PM
I would go into the Phases options, and set up a new filter called Show Demo that only shows demolished objects as overridden, and everything else turned off.

Then set up a view in your final phase, showing only Previous + Demo. Place that on a sheet. Now set up more views for each previous phase, but with Show Demo only, so that only the demolished objects from each previous phase show up. Overlay each of these views onto that first view on the sheet. They will automatically align.

It's kind of a dirty workaround, but it should work, and you only have to set it up once. Any changes made will of course be coordinated just as they are in all other Revit model views.

*edit* actually, you'll need to place a view from your first phase showing Previous only, but you'll have to manually hide in that view the walls that are demolished in successive phases.