PDA

View Full Version : Too many Grids showing on elevation

DaveP
2004-10-14, 03:52 PM
Hope I can explain this so you can understand my problem.
We've got a U-shaped building.
When we place an Elevation view from the "inside" of the U, we get grid bubbles showing up from both legs of the U.
Note in the attached Elevation that we see several Grids labeled F, F.1, F.5, etc.
Those "F" grids are on the "back" side of the elevation cut.
I can't "Hide Annotation in View" on those grids, so how can I make them go away.

And why are they there in the first place?

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-14, 03:54 PM
Take a look at scope boxes to control datum (reference, level and grid lines).

christopher.zoog51272
2004-10-14, 04:06 PM
Take a look at scope boxes to control datum (reference, level and grid lines).
Exactly.. <superman> This is a job for....... Scope Boxes! </superman>

DaveP
2004-10-14, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the quick response.
I tried the Scope box. After finding out that the Scope Box over-rides the size/depth of the Elevation & recreating the Box to match, (that's a pain, too, since I can't see the boundaries of the Elevation whist drawing the Scope Box). I still get the same results.
I can still see grids that are behind the Scope Box.
I also lost the bottom floor, but that's because I screwed up & made the Scope Box on the wrong level.

Something I'm doing wrong?
This also seems really clunky. Shouldn't the Elevation Crop Region and Far clip act as a Scope box already?

Steve_Stafford
2004-10-14, 07:12 PM
Scope Boxes do the following:

Automatically control the extents of a view’s crop region.
Automatically and globally affect the length of “their” gridlines and levels when the scope box boundary is changed.
Effect change vertically as well as horizontally (can isolate specific floors within a bldg)
Annotation for other related views (Sections/Elevations) are hidden in a view if the cut plane of that view is not within or does not cross the scope box for that view.
I've attached a pdf of a scope box document we've been working on, it's 98% done. There is a sample project too but it's too large to upload here. If it helps I could email it to you but I'd need your email. Send me a private message through our forum to give me your email address if you want to see it.

Wes Macaulay
2004-10-14, 07:51 PM
Steve... smokin' work there, mate! Nice doc!