PDA

View Full Version : Grid trouble

jwilhelm
2004-10-14, 05:07 PM
Whats up with grids? I set up some grids inplan then went to the elevation and adjusted them & turned some off, then went back to the plan and did some more work on the grids and when I rreturned ti the elevation the grids were all "reset" , do I need to use a scope box or something?

Scott_Bloss
2004-10-14, 08:00 PM
There are a couple ways to accomplish this task with different results. If you use the hide/isolate command it is only temporary. If you select something and right click and select hide annotation in view it will turn off the display for the selected enties for that view and will allow it appear when you pass over the top with your cursor. If you turn the grids off in visibility graphics then all grids will be turned off in that specific view. I hope this helps answer your questions. If you need something else let me know and i will try to help you out.

JohnASB
2004-10-15, 12:35 AM
Crop region boxes effect this behaviour. Be careful about having crop regions on in some views and not others. Changing a grid or section heads in a view with crop off can adjusts the head in others views. Keeping crop on in all views controlled this behaviour for me.

I don't understand if there is some logical behaviour going on here but discovered this after a few unsettling days of trying to get section heads to behave and one total 'reset of heads' throughout the project. Can someone enlighten us if this is intended behaviour.

papurajx
2004-10-15, 03:45 AM
Using 'scope box' in plan view will help to control the visibility and extend of the grid lines and grid bubbles. Read about 'scope box' from the 'Help' files.