PDA

View Full Version : Revit Structure into ASD Steel Walkthrough

m20roxxers
2009-01-30, 08:15 AM
Ok guys, I finally have a fool proof method of getting this across so I though I would share it.
It works great and is very easy there is only one drawback.....

You need Robot Millinnium or Robot Analysis Professional.

Simple steps.

1. Once you have built the model in Revit use the Revit Extensions tools to send the model into Robot.

2. The model will load in robot make sure you have no major errors or wrong member sizes, leave robot open.

3. Start ASD Steel detailing, then on the Robot Import/export options toolbar click "Quick analysis Import" or something like the the middle button with the M and the diagonal blue line.

It will automatically load in your model with all correct member sizes according to your selection between Revit and Robot so make sure you select your database. Then you can detail straight away. it also loads in your grid lines and levels and builds them into an ASD workframe.

I have had great results but again you need the Robot package. You used to be able to download a freeware version of Millinium with some limitations that never deactivates though I'm not sure this is still the case.

priitl22047477
2009-01-30, 09:35 AM
You do not need robot.
Use extensions4revit export to gis/2- and import this to ASD.

Simple and easy.

m20roxxers
2009-02-01, 11:17 AM
Yes but that tool requires you to setup your databases when you are naming all your members. It also has a few times failed and not imported certain elements.

Also your link is not live and cannot be updated so therefore changes made are not ideal.

The system above is fool proof so far.

priitl22047477
2009-02-02, 05:29 AM
In general , as I calculate and dimension with robot anyway, it is more logical way for me anyway.

varvasmartin
2009-02-18, 02:05 PM
I have a question about curved beams. If I'm using CIS2, the curved beams from Revit appear as straight ones in ASD and the model gets mixed up. If I'd go through Robot, the curved beams are splitted up into straight ones, giving me 100 of them.

Do you have any suggestions in mind for this?

Martn

m20roxxers
2009-02-19, 01:21 AM
Yes I also have realised this issue.
My only suggestion is export a 3D dwg from Revit with the analytical curved members selected, then X-ref the drawing into your ASD drawing and use the curved lines as a selection option for your profiles.

Otherwise hope and pray the new release has some options that enable the software to tackle these issues.