PDA

View Full Version : hidding linked structual trusses

philipnoland
2009-02-02, 05:30 PM
OUr engineers have had difficulty modeling the wood trusses and at this point we don't have to much time to figure it out. When I link there model in and don't want to see a portion or entire category I simple hide it in visibility graphics. Otherwise if it is just an element I want to hide I will tab select the element from the linked model, then right click it to hide element.

Here is my problem. I can't find out where the trusses are in the visibility graphics. I have systematically gone through the structural framing, roof, pretty much all categories and subcategories and can't find the wood trusses which I believe are components "fink trusses" I am not completely sure.

When I try and do the "right click hide element" it would only mean that I would have to individually hide each and every cord memeber.

Is there a completely obvious way to dothis. If so please advise me on the procedure.

Thanks in advance.

ajayholland
2009-02-02, 10:46 PM
Select the truss in the linked file; copy to clipboard and temporarily paste into your project. You can then edit the family and check “Family category and parameters” under the ‘Settings’ menu. This should give you the information you need.

~AJH

Calvn_Swing
2009-02-03, 12:49 AM
If you look in the lower left of your revit window you'll see what basically amounts to a status information display that tells you what you've got selected, what your options are, etc...

Tab through to you've got the truss selected, and it will tell you everything that copying the file would.

Also, in VG make sure you've got "Show categories from other disciplines" checked. Also, you can right click->Hide Category as well...

Between those two you should be able to get what you need to hide it.

rudolfweyers346383
2009-02-03, 07:54 AM
If you want to select all the objects of the same type, instead of selecting them individually, select one truss and then go to Edit, Select all instances, or just select the truss and type SA, this will select all the trusses for you.