PDA

View Full Version : Missing Level

rboaz
2009-02-03, 02:34 PM
I have one Level that does not show up in any views or the project browser. It only shows up as in the reference planes listing. 1. I do not know where it came from and it controls no geometry. 2. I want to delete it but cannot figure out how.

Any help is appreciated

ajayholland
2009-02-03, 04:27 PM
Please post an image of the dialog where it is shown so we can help you.

~AJH

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-03, 04:31 PM
Hes probably seeing it in the dropdowns where you select levels for constraints, like Wall properties, etc.

rboaz- The level is there, somewhere... But its 3d extens are probably minimal, so you cant find it. Make 2 section views, one NS, and one EW that go ENTIRELY through the project. make them go extremely high, and extremely low. Make them start far and wide away from the project, and make sure they have no far clip so they look entirely through the project.

You should be able to sweep select, filter down to just levels, then unselect the ones you know you want to keep... And you SHOULD find it.

rboaz
2009-02-03, 06:46 PM
you are correct I can see the level in drop down boxes. I tried your sections idea and could not find the evel. I then went to View New plan and the level shows up therre. I created a floor plan, put a floor on it and then went to elevations hoping that would get it to show up but it would not.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-03, 06:52 PM
Turn the crop region on, in the floor plan. Then select the crop region, right click > Find Referring View. Open one of the views in the dialogue box. Then, even if you cant see the Level, right click (you still have the level selected) and hit Maximize 3d extents.

Then, you should be able to see it.

BTW, this isnt a worksetted project, is it? Youre sure the level is LOADED? (Is it on a workset not loaded or off by default?)

rboaz
2009-02-03, 09:15 PM
Thanks for your efforts. But I get a message saying "Could not find referring object"

Yes this is a workset enable project and they are all on and editable

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-03, 09:42 PM
Are you sure theyre all VISIBLE in the sections that you made plowing all the way through the project? Go under VG > Worksets and make sure all the boxes are checked...

If you still cant see it, pull the extens of the section box farther and farther, and youll eventually see it.

Try this, too:

Go to a section/elevations where you can see the OTHER levels. Grab one, right click- Select all instances. Then one by one, DEselect the ones you want to KEEP. That should leave you with just ONE level selected. (Check this with the filter).

If it does, hit delete and youre on your way...

rboaz
2009-02-03, 09:48 PM
SOLVED!!!. That did it. I am just learning So again Thank You.

twiceroadsfool
2009-02-03, 10:04 PM
LOL, which was it? Hidden workset? Or select all, then deselect?

No problem, thats what these forums are for. :)

rboaz
2009-02-03, 10:44 PM
It was a hidden workset

KGC
2009-11-09, 04:27 PM
Edit:
NVM Figured it out, Im an idiot