PDA

View Full Version : Yes/No and text

jcoe
2009-02-03, 03:12 PM
I am building a family and would like to tie a Yes/No parameter to a text parameter but keep getting "Inconsistent Units" message. Can this be done directly?

mmates
2009-02-03, 04:18 PM
Not sure what type of family and parameter your trying to create, but if it is a visibility (Yes/No) type of parameter, then you should be able to select the text object, and then go to its Element Properties dialog box. In there you can click on the button (Associate Family Parameter) to the right of the Visibility value (under the “=” column). This should allow you to create and associate a Yes/No type of parameter to the text object. Hope this helps.

jeffh
2009-02-03, 04:38 PM
To Revit a Yes/No parameter is a different type than a text parameter. Revit considers a YES/NO paramater as a binary input 1 or 0. It is just converting that to the language equavilant of yes/no so it is easier to understand. A text parameter can literally contain ANY text values.

jcoe
2009-02-03, 05:38 PM
To Revit a Yes/No parameter is a different type than a text parameter. Revit considers a YES/NO paramater as a binary input 1 or 0. It is just converting that to the language equavilant of yes/no so it is easier to understand. A text parameter can literally contain ANY text values.

Thanks for the clarification Jeff. I was hoping I just missed something, but appears Revit does not support this just yet. I'll need to take a different approach.

jcoe
2009-02-03, 05:40 PM
Not sure what type of family and parameter your trying to create, but if it is a visibility (Yes/No) type of parameter, then you should be able to select the text object, and then go to its Element Properties dialog box. In there you can click on the button (Associate Family Parameter) to the right of the Visibility value (under the “=” column). This should allow you to create and associate a Yes/No type of parameter to the text object. Hope this helps.

What I was attempting was to activate a Yes/ No parameter if my text parameter equaled a certain value. But Jeff has pointed out that Revit does not support this feature.